Dan’s spring 2014 schedule includes:
- NY Premiere of Requiem for the Living, Carnegie Hall, Jan 19.
- Meet the Composer session and Beckenhorst reading session, Columbia SC, Feb 8.
- Artist in residence, University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, March 5-7, including a concert of Dan’s works Friday night with Dan accompanying.
- Attending Requiem for the Living performance by Capital University Choral Union, Columbus, OH, conducted by Dr. Lynda Hasseler, March 15.
- Artist in residence, Masters College, Santa Clarita CA, April 3-4.
- Artist in residence, Katy, TX, April 25-26, combined high school performance of Requiem for the Living and other works including a Folk Songs of America commission, with Dan accompanying.
- Artist in residence, Music Celebrations International, St Vincent de Paul church, Chicago, IL, May 9-11, performance of Requiem for the Living and other works, with Dan accompanying.
Summer plans include teaching at the Ness Beck Composers Workshop in Washington DC, Requiem performances in New York City (Mid America Productions) and Chicago (Manhattan Concert Productions), presenting at Baylor University for the Alleluia Conference, and leading the worship session (with a commissioned premiere) at Texas Choral Directors Association.
For more details and additional events, see the Calendar page.
Dan’s acclaimed major work is now in print with Hinshaw Music, available in three scorings: chamber ensemble with organ, expanded chamber ensemble with strings and organ, and full orchestra. Performances have become too numerous to list all, but some upcoming performances include:
- March 14, 16, 18, Southern Florida: Nova Singers, sponsored by Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, FL, conducted by Chuck Stanley. March 14 Plantation UMC, March 16 First Presbyterian Church Boca Raton, March 18 St. Sebastian Catholic Church, Ft. Lauderdale.
- March 15, Columbus, OH, Capital University Choral Union, conducted by Dr. Lynda Hasseler, 8:00 PM. Dan will be in attendance.
- April 25 Greenville, SC: BJU Chorale, conducted by Warren Cook. Two performances, one of which will be webcast.
- April 26, 2014 Katy, TX: Combined High Schools from Katy and El Paso, with Dan Forrest in residence, conducted by Robert Dierdorf
- April 27, 2014, Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Fairlawn Avenue United Church, conducted by Eleanor Daley. 10:30 AM.
- April 27, 2014 Lancaster, PA: J.P. McCaskey High School, with orchestra, conducted by Tim Sterner
- May 17-18, San Mateo, CA, Viva La Musica! Shulamit Hoffman, conductor.
- May 30, East San Francisco Bay, CA, Lafayette Orinda Presbyterian Church, Brett Strader, conducting.
- June 15, 2014, Carnegie Hall, New York: Mid-America Productions, conducted by Tracy Resseguie- choir and orchestra- with Dan in residence. (No openings available for choir)
- October 18, Greenville, SC, Greenville Symphony and Chorale, conducted by Bing Vick, at the Peace Center for the Performing Arts.
- November 2014: performances in Carmel, IN, and Columbus, IN; details to be confirmed.
The 2013 Christmas season will include, amongst others,
- Premiere of a new setting of Angels From The Realms of Glory by Texas Lutheran University, December 6,7,8 at TLU and Dec 15 at St. Martin’s Lutheran Church, Austin, TX. http://www.tlu.edu/vespers