Want to see all Dan’s newest music in print, at a glance? New publications for 2015 are now listed under the CHORAL tab, in the “New Music for 2015” category; there are many new titles for SATB, SSAA, and TTBB choirs.
Want to see all Dan’s newest music in print, at a glance? New publications for 2015 are now listed under the CHORAL tab, in the “New Music for 2015” category; there are many new titles […]Read full article
Updates on current projects, forthcoming events, and recordings.Read full article
Upcoming Choral Performance Opportunities
Come join performances of Dan’s music!Read full article
Good Night Dear Heart (Wind Band) NOW AVAILABLE
See and hear Dan’s newest piece for wind ensemble.Read full article
Folk Songs of America- Choral Cycle
Learn about Dan’s ongoing project of American folk music settings, and consider taking part!Read full article
Dan’s summer/fall schedule for 2015 includes several appearances at workshops, university residencies, church weekends, etc.
Forthcoming concerts include a guest appearance with the Greenville (SC) Chorale for their 2015 Christmas concert, an all-Forrest DCINY concert in Carnegie Hall (Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe and Dr. Jamie Meaders, conducting), the premiere of the first cycle of Dan’s Folk Songs of America in Carnegie Hall, and Dan conducting his Requiem for the Living in Carnegie Hall and Florence, Italy.
Current projects include a major work for the Indianapolis Children’s Choirs, to be premiered late April 2016, and several smaller choral pieces.
There are several upcoming concerts of Dan’s music in famous venues which are open to choirs or individuals interested in singing! Click on any of these for details and contact information.
- January 19, 2016: Full length concert in Carnegie Hall. Participants can join either Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe conducting the brand-new Psalm of Ascension, in paradisum, and Te Deum, or Dr. Jamie Meaders conducting Requiem for the Living. Contact DCINY for information.
- February 29, 2016: Requiem performance in New Orleans, LA (St. Louis Cathedral), with Dr. Hugh Floyd conducting. MCP Forrest Requiem, New Orleans
- March 27, 2016: Premiere of the first 30-minute set of Dan’s choral cycle, “Folk Songs of America” in Carnegie Hall, with Dan accompanying and conducting portions of the set. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for information.
- May 28, 2016: Requiem for the Living, with Dan conducting for the first time, in Carnegie Hall. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for information.
- June 3-12, 2016: Requiem for the Living performance in Florence, Italy, with Dan conducting. Trip includes rehearsals and performance, plus extra days for tourism. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for information.