In response to repeated requests over the last several years, Dan has transcribed ten of his choral anthems most frequently requested as vocal solos, in a new vocal collection, Sacred Solos of Dan Forrest, to be published by Beckenhorst Press this fall.
The collection will be available in three voicings: high, medium, and low voice. Additionally, accompaniment CDs will be available for all three books, performed by Dan- so you can (somewhat) literally have the composer accompanying!
The collection will be available from Beckenhorst Press, or from your favorite retailer.
- Arise, My Soul, Arise
- Lord of the Small
- The King of Love My Shepherd Is
- A Cradle Carol
- And Can It Be?
- Cry No More
- How Great Thou Art
- An Offering
- My Jesus, I Love Thee
- The Work of Christmas
Dan’s fall calendar includes:
- Composer Weekend in Roanoke, VA
- Requiem performances in South Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, and more.
- A choral workshop in Georgia
- Pieces performed by Calvin College Alumni Choir (Dr. Pearl Shangkuan)
- A weekend at Carson-Newman University’s Ball Institute for Worship
- A premiere at Northern Arizona University, (Dr. Edith Copley)
For more details, visit the Calendar page.
Dan will also be writing various commissioned pieces over the coming months for churches, the Chicago-area Red Rose Children’s Choir, the Cincinnati Children’s Choir, a featured piece for Choirs of America, and a piece for the Grammy-nominated Williamson Voices at Westminster Choir College (Dr. James Jordan).
A total of nine wind ensembles, ranging from Southeast US, to Midwest US, to Australia, joined the consortium for Dan’s wind band transcription of one his best-known choral pieces, Good Night, Dear Heart. (Video below). (The story behind the choral piece can be read here.)
These nine wind ensembles have exclusive performance and recording rights through July 2015, when the piece will be in print for the general public with C. Alan Publications. Stay tuned for performance information, and an eventual recording.
- Anderson University (Anderson, South Carolina; Dr. David Stern)
- Bob Jones University (Greenville, South Carolina; Dr. Dan Turner)
- Charleston Southern University (Charleston, South Carolina; Dr. Marshall Forrester)
- Clemson University (Clemson, South Carolina; Dr. Mark Spede)
- Concordia University Chicago (River Forest, Illinois; Dr. Richard R. Fischer)
- Furman University (Greenville, South Carolina; Dr. Les Hicken)
- Loreto College Ballarat (Victoria, Australia; Simone Jans)
- South Dakota State University (Brookings, South Dakota; Dr. Eric Peterson)
- Wisconsin Lutheran High School (Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Quinten Petersen)