There are several upcoming concerts of Dan’s music in famous venues which are open to choirs or individuals interested in singing! Click on any of these for details and contact information.
- January 19, 2016: Full length concert in Carnegie Hall. Participants can join either Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe conducting Dance of Exultation, in paradisum, and Te Deum, or Dr. Jamie Meaders conducting Requiem for the Living. Contact DCINY for information.
- March 27, 2016: Premiere of the first 30-minute set of Dan’s choral cycle, “Folk Songs of America” in Carnegie Hall, with Dan accompanying and conducting portions of the set. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for information.
- May 28, 2016: Requiem for the Living, with Dan conducting for the first time, in Carnegie Hall. Contact Mid-America Productions (David Thye) for information.
- June 3-12, 2016: Requiem for the Living performance in Florence, Italy, with Dan conducting. Trip includes extra days for tourism. Sponsored by Mid-America Productions. Details forthcoming.
In response to repeated requests over the last several years, Dan has transcribed ten of his choral anthems most frequently requested as vocal solos, in a new vocal collection, Sacred Solos of Dan Forrest, now available from Beckenhorst Press.
The collection will be available in three voicings: high, medium, and low voice. Additionally, accompaniment CDs will be available for all three books, performed by Dan- so you can (somewhat) literally have the composer accompanying!
The collection will be available from Beckenhorst Press, or from your favorite retailer.
- Arise, My Soul, Arise
- Lord of the Small
- The King of Love My Shepherd Is
- A Cradle Carol
- And Can It Be?
- Cry No More
- How Great Thou Art
- An Offering
- My Jesus, I Love Thee
- The Work of Christmas
Dan’s fall calendar includes:
- Composer Weekend in Roanoke, VA
- Requiem performances in South Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, and more.
- A choral workshop in Georgia
- Pieces performed by Calvin College Alumni Choir (Dr. Pearl Shangkuan)
- A weekend at Carson-Newman University’s Ball Institute for Worship
- A premiere at Northern Arizona University, (Dr. Edith Copley)
For more details, visit the Calendar page.
Dan will also be writing various commissioned pieces over the coming months for churches, the Chicago-area Red Rose Children’s Choir, the Cincinnati Children’s Choir, a featured piece for Choirs of America, and a piece for the Grammy-nominated Williamson Voices at Westminster Choir College (Dr. James Jordan).